Thursday, November 10, 2011

Introducing Leo!

It's official....We have our class pet...a gecko!!!  I had my kiddos write persuasion letters to our principal and they chose between a gecko or a hamster to persuade him.  He blamed allergies on why we couldn't have a hamster (and of course the gecko was already bought...but we didn't tell the kiddos that).  They are so excited and have claimed I'm "the best teacher in the whole world".  A little reptile has given me top billing in no time!  Of course this would be the week my kiddos are completely off in behaviors (ok just the boys are, my girls are consistently good!)  However they have loved having the gecko in the room and today we finally named him--Leo!  It was a close call to one other name....We started with like 12 names to chose from, and then narrowed it down to 3...can you believe one of our options was Bling Bling!  Thank goodness it was in the top 3, otherwise we'd be buying him some jewels!  So here he is.....

His favorite hideout!

His home!


Coming out for food!

Is that a cricket over there??

Could just settle for some worms!

Back to my hideout! 
He really is a cute thing!  I'm surprised I'm liking him...I didn't think I'd be a lizard kind of person, but he's a good fit for me.  Although skittish still, I'm hoping he will get better.  But it doesn't matter, I'm the best teacher in the world...ha ha ha....:)

3 comments:

Casey Wiggins said...

Hi Stacee! I need your e-mail so I can send you your freebie from my blog! :)

Casey
Second Grade Math Maniac

Jamie said...

Hey! I wanted to let you know that I just love your blog and have nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check it out here!

Jamie

Sparkle in Second

First Grade Carousel said...

Cool pet ~ we got my daughter one for her 5th birthday. My daughter is 24 and Button is still alive:)
I am new to the blog world. I love reading others' blogs. I am just learning how to post items. I haven't figured out how to post pictures and things I create, but I will. I am looking for teachers who would like to participate in an exchange project. Please visit my blog to find out more ~ http://firstgradecarousel.blogspot.com/
Maria