Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I'm such a procrastinator!

I think it's in my genes!!  I take pictures and have all these ideas I want to blog about BUT I just keep putting blogging off!  I still stalk blogs and pin stuff BUT downloading my pics and getting my thoughts together is just too much when I'm exhausted!

So I thought tonight I would share some pictures and a few things about what's been new in my room.
I began using the clip chart for individual management this year and although it's going pretty good (some days I seem to forget to have kids clip down or clip up!)  I wanted to have a whole class reward for when they are all working quietly or we get a compliment in the hallway--I couldn't quite think of what I wanted and then I happened to be in Target--one of those places I get sucked into and start checking out the end caps for clearance items (oohhh la la).  Well on one of the end caps were some teaching supplies like bulletin boards and decals and such--and I happened to see this:

For only $2.50 (or something like that)  I thought this is it!  I now call my kiddos smart cookies when they earn one.  OR I can say "Oh that's not how smart cookies act"--I laminated it and then put magnets on the back of the cookies and it makes it really easy to add them!

We've been busy working on place value in our math workstations.  Although we are transitioning into 2 digit adding/subtracting, I have kept a few place value games in the stations.
Putting together 100s chart--some of my kiddos can get it done rather quickly while others struggle--they look for the numbers in order or can't see the patterns.  It really gave an insight of who understands that 100s chart and who needs more work!

Tally toads! I really can't remember where I got this as it was last year sometime (so if you recognize it let me know so I can give credit)  This really helps with counting by fives and ones and reading tally marks

Close up of Tally Toads!

100s chart puzzles!  I put magnets on the back of each piece and then they used a cookie sheet to put them together!  They really seemed to like this part of the station!

Well that's all for tonight!  I've got lots more to post so with 2 days off this week, I'm going to do what I can to get caught up on blogging!  However I will also have to work on report cards!  UGH!  


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love these math games! I hope you don't mind that I pinned one of your pictures. I'm your newest follower! I would love it if you came by and visited me!

Kristen
A Day in First Grade